Thursday, April 23, 2009

Channeling Marie Antoinette



It cannot be a good sign when you've got a preacher's blood boiling. Nor is it good when a future preacher starts quoting a comic strip that ended twenty years before he was born. Nor when a famous cubicle cartoonist has to take time out of his business day to respond to spurious accusations. All of that from yesterday's Clarity of Vision. Today's is less controversial and very punny, right?

I haven't seen Dad's shaved head yet, but it might look similar to how he wore it back in the 60s. I'll see if I can catch a photo so you non-PHX readers can perhaps guffaw or at least snicker.

Alison had an interview down in Casa Grande yesterday. She thought the interview portion went well, but she had a class that was not as attentive as they could have been. Still, I think it was good practice for her, and it's really in God's hands anyway.

We reached 102F yesterday. It's too early for that. I did see a statistic that the Valley averages 296 sunny days per year, and 106 days at or above 100F. Luckily, we only have about 17 days above 110F (althought the last two years have had 32 and 22 days above 110F, respectively). You can see why I say it is too early for us to be facing that. Yeah, I know what you are saying. "But it's a dry heat." It's still hot. Maybe not HECK hot, but hot nonetheless.

No comments: