Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sailing, Sailing Over the Ocean Blue

A co-worker leaves for a cruise this weekend, so I decided to give her a comic strip sendoff.

Thinking about a blog title for today made me think of the Let's Sail Away song by my friend, David Butler. The Rasberry Jam sang it several times back in college, as did the Brothers B. I believe that even Preacher Bro would approve of this one. I do remember the chorus, so I'll share that now.

Let's sail away from Almighty God above,
'cause if we give in now, He might smother us with love.
Don't surrender yet, or He'll give us all new life,
And wouldn't it be terrible without this hate and strife?


Why do we struggle against that when we know His Will surpasses anything we can imagine? We think we can handle things without Him. We neglect His Word, when we should be spending time listening to Him talking to us personally. We decide to sleep in on Sunday instead of worshiping with fellow believers. And yet, just as we wish for our kids, He desires that good and perfect Will for us, His children. I believe, Lord, help thou my unbelief.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I almost remember that song! I can almost come up with the tune of the chorus! You said you do remember the chorus--does that mean you can't remember the rest of it? I'd like to have it. If I make you come up here, will you teach it to me?

Craig Weeks said...

I remember "Sail Away" and I remember the Brothers B singing it (if that's Chris and Butt). But I could not remember all of the words to the chorus as you do. No clue about the verses.