Monday, April 20, 2009

My Own Flesh and Blood

Kyle, Lyndsay and the girls came over on Sat and again on Sun this weekend. I found out that Kyle had only looked at ONE of my comic strips. Lyndsay, loving daughter-in-law that she is, had read them all, but not my own son. How would that make you feel? He did read them (he says) while he was over, and said he liked a couple of them. Yeah, that's Kyle for you.

Here's another one for Kyle not to read.



By the way, it is supposed to reach 100F tomorrow. It is too early to have to deal with that already. We get plenty in the next few months. Someone at work said they may turn on their A/C for the first time this week. What?! We keep ours on all year. I like it cool in the house at night. Must be those hot flashes, huh?

9 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Well, I found it a little surprising that one of your literary talents did not begin this way: "Bella, Kendall and the parents came over ...". My eye for mind-numbing detail is going to make you a better, or at least more honest, writer. No charge. Yet

Lindsay Ward said...

Don't be sad...I read your comics...and find them funny. I was discussing them with my parents and me and my dad think they are definitely funnier if you work in the same type of work environment as you do. So I guess me and my dad do :)

Zachary said...

I guess I will agree with LW that they may be funnier to those in the same environment. but they still often make me laugh!

Caleb said...

Do you read Doonesbury? I had to look up Gary Trudeau since I didn't know his name. I didn't know anybody read that strip. It was mind-numbingly hot here today. Apparently it's been warmer in Riverside than it has been in Phoenix.
When are you going to compile these comic strips into a book?

CrazyUncle said...

Craig, I had to start my post that way because the point of the first paragraph was the boy. Sure, I still could have used your cop-out verbiage, but I march to my own drummer. Here, let me go look at your blog and see how YOU write. Oh, no blog? Hmm.

Craig Weeks said...

Full point, Mr. Walker.

Craig Weeks said...

Without necessarily intending to, I think Caleb may have just said you is old, historical references that seem contemporary and all.

CrazyUncle said...

Scoring a point notwithstanding, the game has not yet ended. Caleb may just be topically challenged. Had I used the name Charles Schulz, would he have caught that referenced? Indeed. I am not in the same vein as Peanuts, so I chose not to go there...yet.

Craig Weeks said...

Ohhhhhhhhh. That explains it. I was wondering why there was no dog house.