Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day

It's time again for the annual rite of truing up on our taxes with the government. That means tonight's newscast will include reporters at the post office and interviewing drivers as to why they waited. Some are probably like me. I had ours finished over a month ago, but was deciding about snail mail or e-filing. I also wanted to double-check with Kathie to see if I omitted anything. I finally got around to it this past weekend. I have never waited long enough that I had to drive to the post office at midnight.

No, it really was just happenstance that a comic about something being free showed up on April 15. I looked through my head for a tax-return-related strip, but nothing jumped out at me. Anyway, here you go.

1 comment:

SuzieQ said...

Just got back from the line...it was worse at 10:30 than it was at 11:45 tonight, as I was there twice within that time period. I worked all day to finish and file electronicly, but I got stuck on the stupid cost basis stuff for ESPP. I printed the extension and ran down there...right as I was dropping it in the bin it occured to me that I needed one for state too! So home I came, printed the extention and headed back, but now I knew the fast way in...BTW, I did not know I could not file an extension electronicly!!!