Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Too Stinking Quiet

MBH, TD, and SS and his family are all at Disneyland for a few days. So, it is realllly quiet at home at night. I am ready for them to get back. I did take the dogs for a walk tonight, but it wasn't easy with two stupid dogs and a bum foot (I know now why that bum didn't want it anymore). I guess they are going just in time, though, because Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed from May - Sept.

How many of you remember the song "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam"? It was written by Nellie talbot and Edwin Excell just over 100 years ago. The words are "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, To shine for him each day; In ev'ry way try to please him, At home, at school, at play. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for him." Here is an excerpt of the music.





















What made me think of that? Today's photos are attempts by me to catch rays of sun in some photos. Here are a couple where I was trying to find the best exposure of some rays breaking through the Humboldt Redwoods.






















And a couple from Zion National Park playing with portrait vs landscape formatting.






















Last year, the AZ Diamondbacks offered a treat at their games for people who crave the unusual. It was the $25 D-Bat Dog, an 18-inch corn dog stuffed with cheddar cheese, jalapenos and bacon. I am not sure if it will be available this year, but they have taken the alternative hot dog to the next level. At only $8.50, the Churro Dog is real bargain. It is a fried dough dessert covered in cinnamon and sugar, nestled in a “long john chocolate glazed donut, which is then topped with frozen yogurt, caramel and chocolate sauces".



















Have you seen the latest photos of convicted killer Jodi Arias in AZ? She is smiling and holding up a Hershey's bar.












Who knew that is what type of bars she would end up behind?

















OK, just got back from dentist, so I am running late. In fact, I gotta go now.

No comments: