Friday, March 20, 2015

Flowers and Flour

Let's do some flower arranging. Well, not so much arranging as playing with them using Photoshop. I apologize that I do not know what variety they are, but we can talk about the effect applied. First, the original.



















Next, the same shot using the Orton Effect. This effect uses a blur and then combines the original and the blurred version to enhance the colors.



















Next, a nice shot of some predominantly orange flowers.



















And a black and white version using the cutout filter. I like this.



















If you were playing the game show Jeopardy, would you work the squares from top to bottom or jump around? And would you look for the Daily Doubles? This guy analyzed every game from the beginning and can tell you which squares are most likely to hold them.

I came across this Yahoo article describing alternatives to traditional pasta that are healthier for you. I decided to share it, but as always, read through it so I could add a comment or two in the blog. What first caught my eye was that there is a quinoa pasta. Anyway, there are a bunch of choices, but the article never tells how they taste or feel in your mouth. So, we may not even like any of them.

Here is an interesting story about the injury on Survivor this week and how they handled it (everyone had to stay blindfolded). Why didn't they test the platforms better? What does Jeff think about how the new tribes ended up? Thanks, EW.

A coworker reminded me yesterday that CoV was first published on 3/19/09. So, I decided to comment on that in today's strip.













Time for fair food? Chicken Fried Corn on the Cob? Fried S’mOreo, which is a fried marshmallow breaded with graham crackers and fried Oreos, and drizzled with chocolate sauce and Cool Whip? Brisket macaroni-and-cheese balls? Bacon-Flavored Cotton Candy (is this the only non-fried item)? Did any of those grab your imagination? Well, then head over to the Texas State Fair this year, because they will all be for sale.

My working weekend is finally here. In my new responsibilities, I took over a project that goes into production Saturday night. We start at 11:30pm and finish Sunday morning at 8:30am. I'm tired just thinking about it. For me, staying up till 11pm is late. Oh well, I am getting paid for this so....

Y'all have a great weekend and I will tell you about mine on Monday.

No comments: