Thursday, March 12, 2015

Things That Appeal to the Eyes

It sounds like a category from Jeopardy, but today, we have stories about TVs Movies and and Art and Food.

I just read a really interesting article about the challenges of releasing TV series into the broadcast world. Now, on network channels, they still release one new episode per week (approximately). That gives everyone a chance to watch it and then talk about it before the next one comes out. Netflix is released all the episodes of House of Cards at once, and the interweb doesn't know how to talk about it. Plus, the article notes that may even lower the interweb buzz about it. It is a fascinating look at the opportunities of managing things in the future.

And this comes at the same time that Americans are watching less traditional TV. OK, the article notes that we are still averaging almost five hours per day of live TV, but that number is down. 40% of us now have access to some streaming service at home, though. Is that true at your house?

Often, when MBH is away from home for a few days, I will make a change of some type to our home. Usually, it is paint of something. Once, I replaced her old dresser with a couple of IKEA dressers. This time, I wanted to add some photos in our hallway. Now, it is a narrow space, so they needed to lay fairly flat. After strategizing with D-I-L, I had a plan, and below if the result of what I decided. Thanks to D-I-L and Kohls.


















I took some of the photos from the photo arrangement in the dining area and so had to rethink that arrangement, also.
























I also checked Kirklands for decorating ideas, but I did not buy anything. I did capture a couple of shots of art that intrigued me. Which of these two do you like better? I think I like the first one better because I like the clearly-defined aspen trunks in the foreground.


















Has it really been 35 years since the comedy Airplane! first flew into theaters? Surely you can’t be serious. I am, and ... Well, you know how it goes from there. One of the creators talks about the movie and the industry today. It turns out Leslie Nielsen was the third choice for his part, but the others turned him down. Lucky for us, right?

It seems that Yahoo! Food tracked down and tasted the three flavors of Peeps Milk for us. Good. I certainly am not going to try them. If I were so inclined, it would only be the eggnog one. Would you?

Do you like puns? Do you like food? Do you like these here United States? What if you had an opportunity to mash all three of those things together? A father and son are doing just that. The results are now an Instagram series dubbed "The Foodnited States of America." And man, is it a pun-lover's dream. Read a little more about it here.
























I did not have the opportunity to create a new CoV for today, so back to the well we go.












Congrats to my sis, who correctly guessed who would be voted off Survivor last night. No, I won't tell you who it was in case there are some who have not watched the episode yet. I like the White Collar vs Blue Collar vs No Collar theme.

I need to watch a company training video on Sexual Harassment awareness. Then take a quick 10-question test. It is due by the end of the month, but I do not have a meeting this morning, so I want to take advantage of that.  Have a Thrilling Thursday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Definitely the first one with the prominent aspen trunks.