Friday, March 27, 2015

Is It Warum?

Normally, if you see the word 'warum', you would think of it as being the German word 'why'. Come on. You know that is what you thought. If you did, then you must be wondering about the title of today's post. That's because I was writing the word 'warm' using the phonetic spelling based on how my Scottish friend Bill Calderwood says it. Bill and his wife, Liz, are the ones that asked me, "It's you Americans that don't know how to pronounce things. Say the name Marilyn. Now say the name of the state, Maryland. See, they sound the same". Of course, as she asked the question, her pronunciations were "mahr-lin" and "merry-land". Since today's photos are from the Highland games again, I was reminded of my friends. And the reason I chose the title is because it will be verrry warm here where I live today. It is too early in the year to be above 90F.

Tired of seeing Scottish bands? Well, let's take a break from them and look at cars today. OK, fine, they are still from the UK, but it is different types of photos.

This first car is an MG. Internet snooping makes me think this is a TF Midget.




















The front end shape of this MG practically screams TD Midget. Don't you agree? I actually have no clue.
























I don't remember what this next car was, but a dude standing near it told me there were only 300 or so of them ever made, and less than 100 remaining.















































And these last few photos were my attempt at artsy shots by seeing the line of cars from the front and the back.


























I like bananas. Do you? Now, I do not use them like Elvis did in a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. I usually eat one each morning while they are still edible. They get overripe way too quickly. So, I was curious when I saw an article about a way to make bananas last longer. It involves separating them and maybe tin foil and apples. Go watch the video and read the article.

Do you (or did you) ever watch The Colbert Report? I did not watch it much, but I am glad I have seen this clip where he talks about his outrage at Obama saluting with a coffee cup. He has some really funny lines, and the email he send at the end is hilarious.

One TV program I regularly watch is Survivor. I cannot always remember names or past season details, but I enjoy the show. How much?























Have you ever been to Gainesville, GA? I confess that I have not. If you have, though, I hope you were aware that, if you eat fried chicken, you must use your hands. And when in Concord, MA, don't go looking for bottled water. They cannot sell single-serving plastic bottles. There are some more weird food laws you can read about at the link.

Most movie theaters have seats for your viewing pleasure, some of which may rock. There are also some theaters that have added recliners. What about what that features beds? Interested/ Well, IKEA in Russia retrofitted one theater just that way. I don't know how well it did. It might be a good way for me to try out different mattresses before buying one, though.














Be aware, though, that not every IKEA product is a hit. Here are some (apparent) losers.

We made it through another week. Well, I did. If you did not, please don't tell me that. It sounds too depressing. Have a great weekend. We will because we keep the GRANDS on Saturday night.

No comments: