Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Let's Go to Alpha's and Icarus' House Tonight

Who has not heard of Alcatraz? Named after the Spanish word for pelicans, it is famous for being a Federal prison beginning in 1933.


















In this undated photo (maybe early 1900s?), you can see its roots as a military base as established by Millard Fillmore.


















Let's take a look at the Point Bonita Lighthouse in 2005, part of the Golden Gate Recreational Area. We did not walk all the way to it, as our time was limited.
























Here it is in 1955, 50 years earlier. OK, it's not as old as some shots, but it is the earliest I could find.


















32,000 people signed up to play hide-and-seek in IKEA. What could go wrong? That is a moot question now, since IKEA has banned the practice. That would be so fun, though, right?

Are you a snacker between meals? Does that snack include a delicious, carbonated beverage such as Coke? I guess some (more than one?) dietitians are suggesting just that. Oh, wait. Are those same people paid as consultants by Coca Cola? Conveniently, at least one says, "I can't remember".

Now that I have moved to a new team at work, I will also be moving to a different building. This one has those new, shorter cubicle walls. They are also laid out in a honeycomb structure. So, noisier, less private work areas. Hmm.













Did you hear about some names that are about to become extinct? I was curious if my name was part of the list, or any that I knew. Nope. It is mostly names that I have never heard. Alpha? Icarus? See the full list here.

Do you like reading about behind-the-scenes stories of movies or TV programs? I do, and today's anecdotes are about The Sound of Music. Julie Andrews was blown down multiple times when filming the famous mountaintop scene. I won't tell you the others stories she shared.

My brain has decided not to evaluate any further content for today's post, so that is all. Let's all keep The Hills Are Alive in our heads as we part. Take care.

No comments: