Thursday, March 19, 2015

Black is the New ... Something

Have you ever taken photos that looked totally black? In the digital age, some of them still contain details that we cannot see, but Photoshop can. Take a look at this one (although it does not look as black on the monitor at work as it did at home. Oh well).



















Yeah, I can't see much either. in fact, I had never tried to adjust this shot (or the next one) until last night. Here is what the photo contains. It is from Bodega Bay, north of San Francisco.



















I had another black one taken on the same night. I could not see the pier in the original, nor the stars in the upper right. Is that Scorpius?



















Recently, our oldest granddaughter had a birthday. Here is a shot of her Daddy either playing with or assembling her gifts. Happy Birthday!



















Here's a sobering factoid: One single M&M chocolate candy contains the same amount of calories that an average person burns walking the length of an entire football field. MBH challenges that. And I just looked it up. She may be right. It looks like it is closer to the amount of calories burned by walking only 2/3 the length of a football field.

Ever wonder what would happen if you just… stopped working out? A Finnish study of twins investigated that, and found the difference is quite dynamic. It shows up in body body health and mental capabilities. The study was of twins, so almost all other factors were exactly the same. If only I had a twin so I could see the changes and maybe stay motivated to keep working out.

Are you a Gleek? Will you go into withdrawal once Glee is off the air? OK, maybe not for the show itself, which is kind of boring the last couple of years. The interesting song arrangements, though, have let me appreciate songs in a different way. TV Guide thinks so, too. And yes, I do have many of the songs on my iTunes and iPhone.

I am not finding anything else to share this morning, so I will warn you that, tomorrow, "I'll be back".
























No comments: