Tuesday, March 24, 2015

From Cabers to Cookies...And More

Recently, I began to realize that what this blog needed was a photo of wooden poles. Luckily, I found just such a shot this weekend at the Scottish Highland games. The Scots actually call these things cabers. No, I do not know why.

















So, one dude throws the caber at the other guy, who tries to catch it. You can see the one guy jumping up to catch that thing.

















Actually, the competitor picks it up with his hands underneath and then runs until he is ready to try and flip it end over end. Here, you can see him picking up his 14-foot caber. Once he flips it (as shown in the previous photo), he is judged on how close it is to pointing straight away from him (called 12-o-clock). I do not know how this guy did.

























Another event is the hammer throw. I barely caught this guy's hammer way up near the top of the photo.

















Here is an exchange I had with my former boss yesterday morning.













This article reminds me why I would rather just buy a pizza than go through all these steps to make one at home.

Do you want to know how Yahoo ranks 24 different cooking shows? If not, then just skip over this link. If so, find out where Good Eats, and Cutthroat Kitchen, and Masterchef junior are ranked. Which is your favorite?

Who likes store-bought chocolate chip cookies? Oh, admit it. You know you would eat them if they were around. So, which cookie tastes the best? Keebler? Famous Amos? Chips Ahoy? Mrs. Fields? If you know me at all, you know I am not going to reveal which was #1.

Did anyone ever try the waffle taco at Taco Bell. I guess you are too late. I admit that I did not. I even admit I did not know it existed. Now, they are replacing it with a biscuit taco to take on McD's for the breakfast crowd. Would you try one?

How hot do you like your shower? Do you ever get in and then need to cool it down because you had warmed it too much? I have. Would you consider replacing the showerhead with a heat-sensitive LED one that shows how hot the water is? That is just one of the accessories in this article. Another is a shower curtain with a pocket for an electronic device like a table. You could watch Seinfeld reruns while showering.

Well, I am burning daylight. So, let's get this party started. Have a good day, friends and family, and check back tomorrow.

No comments: