Monday, March 02, 2015

Monday's Moments of Merriment and Mayhem

At the Valentine's Day party of at SS's house, we watched a new family video he had made. We all enjoyed it, but I think no one was more enthralled than JV. Here are a couple of shots of him sitting in front of the TV enjoying seeing himself and his sisters. I think I ended up watching him as much as I did the video.















In case you did not already know this factoid, his middle name was originally pronounced 'soice'. He was rejected 29 times by different publishers before his first book was published. He ended up writing 46 books. Today is his birthday. Sadly, he passed away in 1991. Who are we talking about? You probably knew it already, but today is Dr. Seuss' birthday.












Another tidbit from a recent interview with Jeff Probst.
BEST TWIST
“Up through season 29, I would say my favorite twist is probably the hidden immunity idol. It’s just given us so much story that I laugh when people hit me on Twitter and say, ‘You should do a season without any idols and without any twists.’ And I say, ‘You know, if you think through that for a minute, this is why you can’t always listen to the audience because that makes no sense.’ That’s given us so much story, and when Russell started finding them without clues it evolved yet again. But I will say, in season 30, the theme excites me as much as anything we’ve ever done. Because it’s so real. It’s a real thing. People really are White, Blue, or No Collar. People are going to ask themselves, which one am I? And we do a new twist that’s taking the game to another level. It is jumping the shark, as we’ve done so may times, and pushing the envelope. And it’s interesting how it plays out. It’s very Shakespearean in how it plays out and I imagine that we’ll do it again. And I can tell you that for seasons 31 and 32 we’re contemplating doing another evolution in the game. And those are the things that are on our white board. We have this virtual white board for our creative team, and there are things that have been on there literally 13 years. And 13 years ago we were like, ‘No way, we can’t do that.’ And eight years ago you go, ‘Enh, it’s not quite right.’ And five years ago you go, ‘Maybe.’ And then suddenly you go, ‘You know what? I think it’s time.’ And that’s what fun about a show that’s been on for 30 seasons is that you ultimately get to try all the ideas.”

Cream-filled Cinnabon Delights? Cap’n Crunch-Coated, Cream-Filed Donut Calorie Bombs? Both of those sound like healthy choices for getting your day started. Head over to your favorite Taco Bell and get a mouthful. I won't tell. Maybe for dessert, you can down a few cotton candy Oreos?

You know me. I have always liked IKEA products, and have featured many hacks for them over the years. Today, I am sharing a hack that does NOT impress me. The company apparently sells a bed called Rykene. Someone decided to hack a headboard for it. What do you think?















Here are the top IKEA hacks for 2014 as decided by IKEAHackers.net.

I am both out of time and out of content for today. Stop back by tomorrow when I will hopefully be here with more to share.

No comments: