Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Scrocks and Dees

Do you remember that I told you I went shopping at Kirkland's the other day, but did not buy anything? Then, I shared a couple of test shots that I took and asked you to choose which you liked? I have two more photos from that visit to share today. The first is a sunset-looking shot with tree silhouettes in the foreground. This one is in color.


















Do you like sepia-colored art? Another of the prints is this path leading into the woods, but they made it sepia. Based on the light, I am wondering if it was an IR photo, so there was no color to remove? It seems like, if it was taken in the fall, they would want to keep the rich browns and golds and reds. By the way, it is pronounced see-pee-ah.


















Also, by the way, it is considered a color now, but it was a not-uncommon ink color once upon a time. Here is a drawing Leonardo da Vinci did using sepia ink.

















Sure, I can see any of these outfits becoming mainstream fashion by next year. Wouldn't you wear them? You can see the full list here.









Abandoned movie sets. Would you go see one if it was in the vicinity of a place you were living or vacationing? I would. You can see a bunch of them in this article, and here is an example of one from Star Wars in the deserts of Tunisia. No, I am not going there just to see an empty set.




















I would not mind seeing this set sometime at Malibou Creek State Park just south of Los Angeles. I don't know what there is to see, though.



















I woke up this morning thinking that I need to buy some 'scrocks' and 'dees'. When my Architect Bro was young, he and a friend made up a number of words in their own language. These were two of the words that are still lodged in my brain. If I were to translate them for you, they would be, roughly, 'socks' and 'undies'. 'Sesgun', instead of seven, is another that I recall. 'Blair' is also one of their words, although it was used in two unrelated ways. 'Doan-blair' is a 'donut' and 'hair-blair' is a haircut. It seems like they called the language the 'Huckster' language. Still, I do need some black scrocks and some more dees.

Have you seen the latest episode of Nerd Court? They tried Riker (from ST:TNG) and found he was the best character ever from Star Trek. I watched it (Jonathan Frakes is on it) and while I do not agree, it was a lot of fun.

Time to wrap up for the day. Let's turn to an exercise-themed CoV to end, and I will be back in 23 hours or so with more time-wasting reading.














2 comments:

Keith said...

Both of the pictures are very nice, but I think I lean slightly more toward the first one.
After almost ten years of living in the desert, I would gladly deal with the molas that comes from a long drive just to see such real trees in person!

CrazyUncle said...

Nicely played, Preacher. For our readers, molas is another of the Huckster words. It came from our supervisor when we had paper routes. We met at 4:40am each day to pick up the bundles of papers and so were always tired when we arrived. the supervisor said we had molas, which was when all the blood in our bodies turned to lead and went to our backsides. So, we did not want to get up and get going.