Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Litany of Leisure-time Links Laid Out

The other band we saw at the Highland games was Highland Way. No bagpipes, but the fiddle player was pretty good.
















Here, you can see Brian, the lead singer, plying his trade. He was not much of a smiler, but he did so a lot more than the bass player from the other band that I showed you a couple of days ago.
















The band was really enjoying watching this little girl dancing away right in front of the stage. So were we.
















What would you think if the NFL were to get rid of the extra point kick after a touchdown? That is just one of the many proposals being considered. You can see more details here.

Sure, I am focusing on getting back in shape. My trainer is not having me work just one area, though. We'll do squats, steps, dumbbell lifts, pushups, exercise ball. Yes, many of you want to work on one part of your body (such as abs), but I want to just be really healthy. And my trainer has not addressed my eating habits (although he does expect me to be keeping an eating journal...which I don't). Still, I do read articles about foods, such as this one about which foods promote wrinkles.

I wonder which foods promote better memory?












Speaking of foods, though, one thing we can all appreciate are those that are easy to prepare. Wouldn't you eat healthier if you could come home to a meal already ready-to-eat? Then why aren't we using our slow cookers? Here are 30 Excellent Slow Cooker Recipes For Lazy People. How does Lemon Garlic Chicken sound? Honey Ginger Apple Shredded Pork? Teriyaki Chicken? Potato Chowder? Go look. There are 26 additional options.

Would you like it if one of your neighbors started enhancing his house by cementing rocks onto it? A postman in France did just that for over 30 years, and he ended up building his "Ideal Palace". OK, it was a few years ago (1879), but it now draws 150,000 visitors a year.


















There are a number of rides that exist in both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. However, they are not exactly the same. Read this to see the comparisons between the two parks and which ride readers prefer.

Here's how Yahoo sees the forecast for TV programs for 2015-2016. Which of your favorites are coming back or down for the count?

I know that I shared a video about a guy who built a quadcopter version of the Millennium Falcon. He has now build an Imperial Star Destroyer. Pretty Cool. Go watch him fly it.

Did you hear a phone ringing? I'd better go see if it is for me. Can you see yourself out? Thanks. Make it a Thrilling Thursday, OK?

1 comment:

Keith said...

Well played, Bro, well played!
I wonder if our sister ever reads your blog…. If so, I can take care of familial birthday responsibility right here with a quick shout-out: Happy Birthday!