Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Turkey Wednesday

Today's post title doesn't quite have the same ring as Turkey Day or Turkey Tuesday, does it? However, that is what it is since tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I think I heard yesterday was the day Roosevelt proclaimed the holiday. And tomorrow is also Thanksgivukkah, a confluence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah that will not occur again for 70,000 years. I am not sticking around to check if that is true.

It looks like I will have California Quinoa Salad from Whole Foods for lunch tomorrow. I also have a kale dish called Mediterranean Crunch. I have figs, apples, pears and probably some watermelon for fruit. I have baked squash, roasted sweet potatoes and a veggie tray for vegetables. Jealous, anyone?

I did not think to load any personal photos when I got in from Chorale practice and Whole Foods shopping last night, so all I have for you today is Clarity of Vision from 2009.






















In years past, we were allowed to leave early on the days before Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, we have heard no indication that will be true today. Come on, management, where's your holiday spirit? Fine, I'll finish my rant soon and get to work.

I know we need to hit Thanksgiving meals at parent's and son's houses. Friday is putting up Christmas decorations and ZooLights. Saturday is NPX. Sunday is a Chorale concert. And kicking it all off tonight is Survivor. Other than that, nothing is up over the next few days. How about you? What are your plans? Do you have traditions you will uphold like we do with ZooLights?

The commute this morning was really pleasant. That is one fun thing about these holiday weeks, right?

OK, let's get cracking. I will publish this post, then head over to refill my water bottle and grab a piece of fruit...I think pear...and settle in for a long winter's nap. Well, actually, I need to finish creating templates for project review presentations by the end of November, so that's where I will start. See you next week.

No comments: