Monday, November 25, 2013

Last Monday Before Thanksgiving

The photos and CoV below were loaded on Sunday night, as is this introductory paragraph. We are watching Amazing Race right now.

I just got back from an East Valley Chorale concert at an RV park east of the city. We had over 150 people attend, so that was good. This was probably our last concert before the all-Christmas-music concerts up until Christmas.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Grandparent's house? Parent's? Kid's? Stay home? What's Thanksgiving? We will be at my parent's place first, and then SS's house. I am not ready to jump right back into meat eating, so I will bring my own food while they all enjoy traditional turkey, dressing, etc. That's OK. It's all good. Now, missing my D-I-L's delicious desserts? Less OK.

You know, there is one restaurant in Telluride that we always hit when we are in town. It is Baked in Telluride. They even had a couple of choice for vegan types. And check out the lovely ski slopes back behind the building.
















I thought the golden of these aspen looked really cool against the white and red of the cliffs behind them.
















Here is a shot of the San Miguel River near Placerville, CO, where we stopped for a picnic a few years ago. You can probably find the photos if you search back through the October photos from 2011 or 2010 or 2009. [Monday musings: I looked, but did not see the photos in previous postings. Maybe I put it in a photo book, but never shared it with y'all. Sorry]























Why have I kept writing Clarity of Vision comics for these past four years? Actually, I wondered that myself, back in 2009.






















I am sitting at my new desk. Remember that they moved a whole bunch of people on Monday? Anyway, I am one cubicle over from the first cube I occupied when I was hired here. It has come full circle, my friends. Full circle, I say.

Well, since it is Thanksgiving week, it is a short workweek. That's cool. I can dig it. What it means, though, is I need to wrap this up and start working on the Powerpoint-based status slides for my projects. I need to publish them before 8am, so go do your Monday stuff. I'll be back on Turkey Tuesday.

No comments: