Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey Tuesday

TV program we are watching as I type? Homeland.

Remember that college marching band video I posted a week or two ago? This new video from Ohio State is really fun.

I heard a radio announcer say that today, 11/26, is the day Roosevelt established the fourth Thursday of November as the official day of Thanksgiving. It was also a day he started rationing, although back then, it was gasoline and not how much we can eat on Thanksgiving day. There is no limit to how much we vegans can eat, but you will likely not hear me say, "Here. Take my plate away. Otherwise, I will keep nibbling on this tofurky."

I saw a story about Al Gore going vegan here. Way to go, dude. Here is Clinton talking his change with Ellen.

There/s an article on today's Yahoo page talking about Mary McDonnell's new show and she reminisces about Dances With Wolves. Personally, I think she is doing that because, if you see her on the new program, you won't recognize her at all from Dances. I cannot even see her as the same person after so much plastic surgery. Crazy, I say.

One of the places we usually hit while we are in Ouray is this ice cream/coffee shop.
















And here we are ordering our little treats. Actually, I did not get one, but I enjoyed watching the family enjoy theirs.
















As we walked back to our cabin after snacking, I saw the sun breaking out on the Amphitheater above town.
















Four years earlier, I was not in Ouray, but I did decide to share a treat with my friend and coworkers. One of the people I sent this CoV to was a new team member whose name really was the one you see in this comic. How could I not base a comic around it?






















I could not see a bad message in this license plate. In fact, I had to read the story before I understood, but it still would not occur to me. How about you?

Hey, let's finish today and then, we are only one day away from Thanksgiving and Black Friday (no, I do not participate, but some family members do). Have a great day, peoples.

No comments: