Friday, November 08, 2013

Did He Say Frizz or Fritz?

Have you seen any of those Ron Burgundy commercials for Dodge Ram? You know Ron, the "Anchorman"? Anyway, since he started those commercials, sales have gone up 59%. You can read the details (and watch one of the ads) here.

My Sis and Dad were talking about this video at Wednesday night's Survivor Celebration. I saw it on Tuesday and sent the link to myself so I could share it with you, and then forgot to use it. If you have not seen it, watch it now. You'll be impressed.

CoV, anyone? Nope, it is still not new. Bitstrips is still on the fritz. You know, fritz is not a word you don't hear much anymore, and it is a name you hear even less.



I have an idea to look at some photos from this trip and compare them to previous trips. Here is Colorado Boy mine on that now-famous snowy day in Ouray, CO.
















Here is a similar shot on a more traditional fall day.























Let's do that again. Here is a shot of an old suspension bridge in the snow.
















And the same bridge on a slightly less snowy day.
















When you read email, either at work or at home, do you immediately handle it and do something with it so that it doesn't just sit there in your Inbox? Efficiency experts say you should do that. I am not that disciplined. If it is something I may want to add to the blog, or I want to remember, or will act on sometime in the future, or just don't have time to read it right now, I leave it there. What happens then? At work, I have 1800 in my Inbox, of which 377 are unread. I have 6000 in my personal email Inbox and 3500 of them are unread. I really ought to clean it up, but guess what? Yup, I don't have time right now.

As the countdown to my physical comes up, let's see how I am doing on my diet. My calorie counts starting last Sunday are 1901, 1733, 1937, 2157, and 1961. I slipped a bit since I had 4 days over 2000 calories last week. I do still have today and tomorrow to up my 2000+ counts. With so much veggies and fruit, though, I get full quicker.

And I imagine you are full of information after reading today's blog post, so let's allow it to settle before you jump into the workday (I think you are supposed to wait an hour). See you Monday.

No comments: