Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Whew. It's All Up to the Hiring Manager and God Now

But not necessarily in that order. The interview yesterday was performed by my potential manager and one of her team members. There ended up only being five questions, and one of them I could not answer. REALLY? Yes, they asked me about a project where the two sides could not agree, and I had just used my only example of that on the previous question. I tried to think of another, but nothing came to mind.

So, what do I think my chances are? Well, I think they are good since I already knew both of them, but they played it very poker-faced. I know they have had a large number of applicants. I would bring IT knowledge into their space, but I don't know the college side of things. They plan to complete interviews this week and make their decision early next week. Still, I have my one-on-one with my current boss at 11am, so I will tell him that I interviewed. It is only fair.

Once again, I cannot get into my comic creating tool. And once again, I did not send them an email asking what the heck is going on. So, let's head back into the dead files and see what comes up. I see it is a CoV from 3/27/09. Where were you that day?






















Did you know it is almost Halloween? I just found out myself. so, we went to Howl-O-Ween at the Zoo on Saturday and carved pumpkins on Sunday. SS wanted to just start carving with no plan, so I went and found a Mickey Mouse pattern for one, and Bella decided on Jack Skellington for the other. First, grandkids at the zoo in their costumes.

Here is Jack as the Inedible Hunk.






















And the girls as Supergirl and a cheerleader.






















And now, here is Bella's design (drawn freehand) of Jack Skellington.
















And our end results. I think we all did well. Yes, power tools were involved in carving out Mickey.
















At Chorale practice last night, the other replacement director ran long, so I only had time to work through three of my four songs. As usual, though, I had fun and the 80-singer group sounded really good.

Hey, before I let you go, Fai posted his Price is Right video on youtube. You can see our group several times, an dyes, we really were that excited to be there and see our buddy get up on stage.

I notice that daylight Savings Time ends this weekend. Our time does not change, but it plays havoc with what time cable shows air and we often have to rearrange when we record programs. Don't you feel sorry for us?

The old clock on the wall says that it is time to start the workday. Thanks for hanging.

No comments: