Friday, October 18, 2013

Calm Before the Storm?

Well, IT has to deliver some new software to the business on Monday (it should go live on Sunday night). If they don't make it, heads will roll. OK, it is true that I am paid as IT, but right now, I am working for the business. Still, I hope they/we deliver some quality product so our value is obvious (and by that,I mean MY value is obvious).

Part of delivering quality is understanding what they needs and meeting that need. That may require drilling down to the requirements and not what they are saying. Of course, speaking using words that only mean something to your peers may not communicate to your clients.













Take a look at this shot. That is ice down at the bottom of this waterfall. Isn't it a cool photo?























Well, I didn't take it. I am not so good with heights. Dad took the shot, and then Kathie captured me trying to look down without feeling too queasy.
















And while we were still on the overlook, we saw these attractive couples.






















Hey, didn't we just see this same couple somewhere else? Don't they look young?






















Y'all have a great weekend. I know we will. We are hitting the zoo with JV+KLIK and then keeping the GRANDS overnight. I would not be surprised if a meal at Golden Arches happened at some point.

BTW, I was watching American Horror Story: Coven as I wrote the blog post. This was the second episode and it looks like an interesting series. Are you watching it? Did you watch the previous seasons? We also started watching SNL from this past Saturday, but did not finish it yet. I think Bruce Willis is doing a pretty good job.

No comments: