Thursday, October 24, 2013

Take a Walk for Your Health...I Know We Did

Today is the first day after two days of layoffs. What will the mod be? Who is left in the different departments? The CIO held a conference call last night, and he did tell us the cuts are over for now. IT lost 150 out of 1000. He did not really tell us about the changing business environment and why that drove a need to change our orgs. Well, we'll see. PTL, I made it through this year's cuts (unlike last year. Remember?).

Still no answer from bitstrips, where I build my CoV comics. However, it looks like it may not be just my problem since I get a "servers being rebuilt" message when I open the tool. I guess that's good and bad, but I hope I don't lose access to my portfolio of humor. So, as I did yesterday, let's bring back a comic of times gone by. Here is CoV #2.


Let's take a walk. This path looks interesting. Is it too scary for you? Well, MBH took off down this road.






















Maybe she ended up at this old homestead? I thought it look picturesque with the colors behind it and the mountains behind that.
















But wait. Here is another road we can take before we leave our photo block behind. All three of today's shots were taken on the CO 12 to CO 10 loop near Ridgway, CO.






















Well, supervisor and I are talking about the impact of the layoffs on our project, so I had best talk to her. I'll stop back by tomorrow. Will you?

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Sorry I have been incommunicado. It has been busy lately. End of the year coming up. Also, one of our people left a while back and, instead of replacing her, we just split her responsibilities among a few existing employees. One of those was dealing with health insurance for employees and I somehow got that job. It is interesting, but a lot of extra work.
We are doing fine down here. Good weather now with low 50s at night and mid 70s in the afternoon. Mother is doing good. Still getting around and doing most of what she wants to do. Poo had to have a hernia operation but he came through it fine. My daughter, Meg, is getting married in December and we are all sort of gearing up for that.
I'm glad y'all got to go to Colorado again. I am enjoying the pictures. I will download some and transfer to my tablet to take and show them to my mother. She loves Colorado and the fall colors.
Keep up the good work and I will try to communicate more often.