Wednesday, October 02, 2013

All Wednesday, All Day

Today post was entirely written on Wednesday morning (and so far, no supervisor yet). I had to do some shopping after Chorale practice last night, so I got home even later than normal and still had to prepare my lunch, so no time for blogging.

And while I was working on lunch, the news was on and the shutdown is the biggest story. So, here is how CoV looks at the news.















The above sentence, though, reminds me of a segment on the old Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. I am sure the majority of you don't even know the name, but there was an old skit called "Laugh In Looks at the News". So, here is one from 1968 or so where they laughingly predict Reagan as president.

Can anyone say "Creepy"? This seems a little unnerving to me.

It seems the program rollout is still going well. Hopefully, that will continue all the way until the next wave comes on 10/21.

OK, I am no longer alone, so I will let you go so I can respond appropriately. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

maybe the gov't shutdown is due to congress wearing all those masks? they don't realize who has been replaced by someone off the street....OR they [congress] will need a "mask" to escape the mob which will be waiting for them when they finally make a decision. hopefully before the 28 days of the last time this happened---well enough said from my pea-brain![ciao]