Friday, October 04, 2013

Another Week without a Job Shutdown

While the government may be shutdown right now, at least I still have a job and am getting paid. How about you? Are both sides being dumb about this? I think so. No, I am not saying I am a fan of Obamacare. I am not, but this is being shortsighted.

And with that in mind, here is today's Clarity of Vision. I wonder how many of these I have done now? I lost count when I was laid off last October.














I am working on this post on Thursday night as I watch Revenge. This a guilty pleasure show; a nighttime soap opera similar to Dallas. I think we will watch one other program tonight, but I don't know what it will be.

OK, I just now got back to writing the blog, and Glee is the other show we are watching tonight.

[Friday's Factoid] We are six weeks or so away from the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination. Can you believe that? Well, it may be more of a surreal moment for those of us who remember it. A new film is coming out that examines the event from some other viewpoint. You can hear the director/writer talk about it here. It does kind of look interesting.

In years past, we have been lucky enough to hit a number of beautiful spots with Fall colors. We have been all the way from Maine to Wyoming, Northern California to Texas. Many of those places included national parks or monuments. So, imagine the disappointment of those who had just such a trip planned for this year, only to find all the parks closed. Read this article for some of the impacts already.

Hmm. Could it be time to get MBH a new phone? I will cogitate on the implications and expurgate my preconceptions. I will also need to start saving for the increase in my monthly bill.

It is time to get this party started. Let's get it started. (Did you hear any song when you read this? If you did, then you are probably not old enough to have remembered the event mentioned above). Anyway, it is not so much a party as the work I need to finish before my day is done. So, until next time.

No comments: