Tuesday, October 15, 2013

And We Are Back in Reality Now

The bad thing about vacations is that they come to an end. So now, we have returned to life and pressures and reality. Still, it is better to return to a life that includes paychecks than in years past. The good thing, though, is we got to have a vacation, and we got to be in the mountains and away from bills and daily commutes and work. And I got to take some fun photos that I will be share over the next few days... starting today.

So, let's begin with a new CoV (which I also did not do while I was on vacation).













This shot was taken on our drive in last Saturday. It hinted at the potential for colors for the week ahead. And we were not disappointed.























Driving into town, though, we saw the road led right toward some nice foliage.























And that same night in Ouray, it was the end of their annual Octoberfest celebration and we could see this from our back porch. They had some fireworks available because they had cancelled July 4th due to fire danger. Lucky for us. And now, lucky for you.























Homeland is on as I type this. That is not the type of show you can watch halfway, though, so I will stop working on my blog until it is over.

We hit Whole Foods before settling in because I was totally out of my yummy food. So, I have quinoa salads, healthy cereals, Engine 2 hummus with minimal oil, vegan chips. I think I am set up again...at last until Wednesday. Ha ha.

[Tuesday update] On my commute in this morning (which was not bad), I thought of the traffic jam we were stuck in up in Telluride. They had closed Main street for a block and we had to wait behind, like, six cars one time. Oh, and another one occurred south of Ouray when snow caused a truck with a trailer to be stuck until he could put on chains. I think there were around six cars that time, too. We just turned around.]

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

have been through your "fav" place in Colorado, also have been to telluride....what a view no matter which place you are in! its like our state doesn't know the vibrant colors of fall (unless you head down the holler a couple of hours away?) saw you from a distance in chorale, your moms blouse she had on was beautiful!! she looks great in almost anything she wears. not too much longer of you "torturing" your wife with the humus meals? hmmmmm.... your body has been in shock mode for a few months of all the new foods? your stomach thinks its in a foreign land maybe? are you speaking in tongues too? well better get started with reading for the day----[ciao]