Friday, June 14, 2013

Two Main Dudes in My Life

Let's start with Salesman Son. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yes, he was born on Flag Day, so any calendars you have that say Flag Day, please relabel it as SSBD. It sounds like a BD party we had planned for him tomorrow has been canceled/postponed. Why?

The other dude is Dad. He went into the hospital yesterday because he just wouldn't eat, couldn't stay awake, and kept getting dizzy and nauseous. What would you do? I called his doc, who said get him to the ER. So, after some various tests (blood, X-ray, CT, others?), they diagnosed the problem. He had apparently fallen (Dad at first said he didn't remember doing so, but later told the Dr that he had but thought it was minor) and begun bleeding in the brain. They found bleeding on one side that had been going for about two weeks, and on the other that had started in the last two-three days. They did not stop because of the extreme blood thinners to prevent strokes. So, he is off the thinners until the bleeding stops. Then, we will see. So, keep him and the family in your prayers.

I had told my boss I needed off for the late morning yesterday to take Dad to his cardiologist. then all this others stuff happened and I did not make it back to work all day. Since I did not get home until after 10:30pm, I did not do a CoV today, nor upload a photo. Sorry.

All of this means I am at the office this morning trying to get caught up. MBH spent the night at Mom's house. I will try to finish early afternoon and head over to the ICU to see how Dad is doing. Hopefully, he will be awake and willing to talk.

Here's hoping Monday is more normal in every respect. Have a good weekend.

No comments: