Thursday, June 27, 2013

Better Than Ever

Do you remember what movies you watched in 1979? Did you see the Burt Reynolds movie Starting Over? In it, Candice Bergen sang Better Than Ever. Let's just say it is a good thing she is a good actress.

Why did I even mention that? Well, Dad seems to be doing better than ever. No, he won't recover back to the health and energy of a fifty year old, but he certainly seems to be back to what I remember from the beginning of the year.

Speaking of health, how about the phenomenon that your heart rate is slower if you are exercise frequently? So, how low could you get it?



Speaking of upcoming national holidays (smooth segue, huh?), it is almost Independence Day. First, did you hear they are doing a sequel to that movie from 1996? Actually, though, it came up because I found a shot from a July 4 fireworks display a few years ago for today's personal photo.




























Years ago, my Architect Bro and his buddy Kos made up their own language. One of the words was 'blair', which can be combined with other sounds in creative ways. For example, a donblair (pronounced doan-blair) is a donut. However, a hairblair is a haircut. They could also use it on its own to simply mean hair. So, they could either say "I need a hairblair" or "I need to get my blairs cut". Hey, I did not say it was logical. Anyway, I got a hairblair last night, and that it why the word is in my mind today.

And with that, I will say 'Adieu'. Or will I say 'I do'? Either way, it will end today's confab.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Considering I was not yet born, I do not remember what movies I watched in 1979. I did know how to pronounce donblair without your help as my dad will still use that term on occasion.