Thursday, June 20, 2013

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward (Well, not really two...maybe only 1/2)

We had hopes that Dad would be coming home from the hospital either Thursday or Friday, but that will not happen. In the therapy tests he took yesterday, they determined that his recovery is not sufficient to send him home. Instead, they are transferring him to a local hospital with a team that specializes in 'Acute Rehab'. They estimate this could take an additional 1-2 weeks. Of course, we want him to be as healthy as he can be before he is released. They also found, through a follow-up CT scan, that there is still some bleeding around his brain. This is not uncommon, but it still makes me a bit nervous. No action is planned on it since the body is still healing from the surgery last week. Keep him in your prayers.

We are starting to work with insurance and the Alzheimer's Institute to find a way to get Mom some help at home while dad is away and then home but recovering. Everyone is being very supportive and understanding, but it will still take some time to maneuver through all the red tape necessary to get a companion available. Keep her in your prayers.

And since I have to work and MBH is home from teaching for the summer, she is staying with Mom during the day. Keep her in your prayers.

And I am still writing Clarity of Vision comics when I have time and inspiration. So, I will keep you in my prayers since you have to read them.













It is nice when a family does something for the public in honor of a loved one, but a) a toilet?, and b) a quote like the one in this sign? really?

















OK, as often happens, I spent more time crafting my blog post than expected. So, I have to finish a task before my boss arrives around 8am. That's good for me because it keeps me employed and paid, and good for you because you don't have to keep slogging through my ephemera (where did that word come from?) and can get to whatever it is you need to be doing. Check back here some day, though, because I can always find more to say. Don't forget the prayers.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Thanks for the updates on the grandparents. We had done most of things in the Auckland article you posted the other day. Our friends here joke we have seen more of NZ than the locals :)