Monday, June 17, 2013

The Weekend is Finally Over

It has been a loooong few days. I mentioned last week about Dad's bleeding around the brain following his stroke a few weeks ago. The doctor told dad that he was actually close to dying. Anyway, they operated on him Friday morning and everything went well. In fact, by Saturday, he was awake and talking and eating regular food. On Sunday, they got him up for a walk and he was joking with the nurses. He is still sleepy a lot, but now, we know he will for sure wake up. He should be released later in the week. Mom is, of course, still jittery, so continue to keep both in your prayers.

Kathie gave up some tutoring positions so she could stay with Mom and help her get to the hospital sometime this morning. So, keep her in your prayers, too.

For me, though, I needed to get some work done today. That does not mean that I cannot take a couple of minutes and inflict a Clarity of Vision on you.













Except for the whole Dad-in-the-hospital thing, I had a nice Father's Day and spent some time with the GRANDS yesterday. They are just getting over a virus, so I have not seen them in a while. One of the gifts was a coupon book that included one saying "We won't get upset waiting for you to take flower photos during our summer vacation." I will believe that when I see it, but I will share a flower photo from 2008 with you as an ending happy thought.






















Well, I should probably get some work done since that is what they pay me for. I will get back with you tomorrow.

No comments: