Friday, June 21, 2013

PT, OT, ST, COV, and BGG

Dad was moved to the local hospital with a new, dedicated rehab center. He starts today with PT (physical therapy), OT (occupational therapy), and ST (speech therapy). The sessions last about one hour each. By the end of the day, they should have an idea of how long this will take.

With the condition of both of my parents such that neither can take 100% care of the other, we are meeting today with a potential in-home care provider (it has hospice in the name but it is not only for terminal situations) that my son's mother-in-law recommends. They were certainly very friendly on the phone yesterday and have already arranged to talk to Mom and me around lunchtime today. Plus, it is possible that there is no cost. How can that be? I don't know yet, but it is one of my questions for them. How long will they provide this services? I don't know yet, but I need it to be at least one month as Dad rebuilds his strength.

Today's CoV contains what I think is the exact quote of a story I heard on this morning's commute. It also contains the way I interpreted it. And MBH's statement is one I have heard many times.















One of the things Dad and I talked about yesterday is that it looks as if we have taken our last vacation together now. Of course, that makes me sad. We had some great times, though, first as the original nuclear family, then with just MBH, me, Mom and Dad, and also with the whole group to Ouray. I am trying to build those same types of memories with my kids and GRANDS. Anyway, here they are resting during a trip to Arches National Park in Utah a few years ago. It typifies how I remember them as we traveled.

















Of course, please continue prayers for Dad for healing, Mom for comfort, and MBH for strength as she cares for Mom during the day. One of the tings I got for Father's Day was the dice game Farkle. Have you ever played it? I have not either...yet. We are having a game night Saturday over at the GRANDS house. I will let you know how it plays. Maybe not this time, but we may find we want to adopt some of the variant rules as shared on Board Game Geek (BGG). One, for example, talks about a way to change when you end your turn so the next player cannot steal your points. We'll see. I have not even played it yet, but I always check BGG to read about my games and look for ways to make them even more fun.

Since I am not sure when I will have that hospice interview, I should get some work done. I am thankful for an understanding boss since I have had to leave at a moment's notice. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Thanks for the updates on the folks.

Yes, I've played Farkle several times.