Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I've Got Nothing for You

If you are a Survivor fan, you will immediately recognize that quote as one that host Jeff Probst utters each week to the losing tribe following a challenge. We did have a challenge around our place yesterday as Teacher Daughter had minor outpatient surgery yesterday. It went quickly and easily and we are now working through the recovery period. And MBH was away from home last night helping at VBS (Vacation Bible School) at our church.

I worked from home in the afternoon yesterday so that I could take her to the surgery. I ended up working some two hours later than usual since I was already at home and did not have to avoid traffic. Still, that left me twenty minutes less than a normal workday due to the time we spent at the medical center.

Why am I telling you this? One, it is because I mentioned it earlier and asked for prayer. So, thanks to each of you. Two, it is because I do not have a photo to share nor a Clarity of Vision cartoon to publish. Three, it is because...no, I don't have a three.

Oops. I changed my mind about not sharing a photo. It is stinking hot here right now, and we just got back from cool San Diego last week. So, from 2006, here is a staircase from Cabrillo Lighthouse. I wish I was there right now. We did not get to visit the lighthouse this trip due to previously planned trips to Balboa Park and SeaWorld.


As I am writing this (on Tuesday morning), I got an email from one of the people with whom I interviewed last year. She is letting me know a low level position has come open. "Too late, lady. You missed out on a good worker...and you missed out on me, too." Ha ha.

Dad said he was better yesterday than the day before. That's a good sign. Did he call the doctor yet? I don't know. I will bug him about that later.

OK, I need to keep this job, even though there is one open at that other company. So, I probably should do some of the work for which I was hired. (You know, even though the previous sentence is written correctly, it is not the way people actually talk. If we were speaking face to face, I would have said, "I should probably do some of the work I was hired for." Right?)

Enough. Thanks for reading.

No comments: