Friday, October 21, 2011

A Flammulated Friday to All

Since today's post title is weird, let's start with the Clarity of Vision for the day.Yeah, flammulated is a type of owl which lives throughout the Western US, but I think it is a funny word, so I used it in the CoV.

OK, the GRANDS are spending the night. Since Ali is, too, we will move the granddaughters into the middle bedroom and they can sleep on the futon. If anyone else is spending the night, you get the couch in the den.

Did any of you see a recent CSI:Miami where a tornado ripped through the crime scene and they were still able to gather enough evidence to find the killer? I think it was very realistic. Didn't you? Actually, I am thinking this show may have jumped the shark.

I have no excuse today. We went over to see our friend at Schlotsky's for dinner and then spent the evening at home straightening up for the visitors. KHW did have some grading for school, but I could have (and should have) worked on getting you some vacation photos. I did not, instead becoming engrossed in the realistic cop show mentioned above. You'll have to keep on keeping on.

I accomplished 3 of my 6 action items for yesterday (numbers 2, 4 and 5 if you wondered). So, I will go ahead and start on #3 now, then an update on #6, and finally #1. What? No, the order is completely random. #2 was the most critical yesterday, followed by #5 and then #4.

Our insurance for 2012 is both more expensive and less comprehensive. Are you seeing the same thing? I chose a $100 deductible plus 100% last year, The closest match this year is $100 deductible with 90% coverage. and the cost is $100 more for the year. And last year, dental and vision were bundled, but they are separate offerings this year, with , of course, separate (and increased) costs. OK, 'nuff said.

We do have a Chorale concert on Sunday. We are practicing Christmas songs, but they will not be part of our concerts until sometime next month.

I said I was going to work, and now, I am. At least I have a job that I like, family that I love and that loves me, and most importantly, a God who loves me unconditionally. Isn't that what matters? See you next week.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

I'm back and, frankly, pretty flammulated about it. You are as bad as our Aunt Bernice. She uses words that I have never even heard in normal conversation. And she has had a brain tumor operation! I hate it when that happens.

I was thinking about coming over to spend the night, but not if I have to sleep on the couch.

And, by the way, CSI Miami jumped the shark on its second episode in 2002. I just looked it up and the show has been renewed for a 10th season. What do I know? I do still like the intro.

Have a good weekend.