Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Better Late Than Never, Right?

I decided to complete this blog entry during my lunch break. I was at the dentist this morning, so by the time I got to the office, I didn't have time to write a post. I also decided to do a CoV, even though I missed my usual first-thing-in-the-morning opportunity.

So, let's go ahead and share the CoV.

What else? It is annual sign-up time for medical benefits for 2012. I don't know why I am surprised that the costs went up. I was thinking to maybe add Kathie to my insurance, but it now costs an additional $750 to do so (on top of the cost of the insurance) if her company offers its own bennies. OK, I guess she stays where she is.

I do not have any photos with me, but I did take 777 during our recent Fall Break trip. I am sure that 2-3 of them are share-worthy. Stay tuned.

One of our first stops was the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA. I was looking for a particular formation that I now know is called the Mobius Arch. We did not find it this trip, although we did drive up into the Sierra Nevadas and want to see more of them. So, I have a number of reasons to return to the area some time. It is only about 2-3 hours from Pahrump, NV, and the web says that it needs sunrise light to really make the shots worthwhile. Stay tuned for this, too.

Oh man, my mouth is hurting from the prep work for a crown. Hopefully, it will be better by the time for Chorale practice. We are starting to really work on Christmas music now, and that is always fun. I'll stay tuned for that.

My knee held up pretty well during all the hiking during our trip. It did not keep me from doing anything, although it would tighten up after drives and when walking downhill. I still think I would rather have some pains from aging that not be aging, right? Stay tuned for that, too.

OK, you are tired of reading, and I am tired of writing. We'll get together again soon. Really. Stay tuned for that.

No comments: