Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a Feast For Your Eyes

Yup, we gots us a plethora of things for you today, and I haven't even worked on verbiage yet. So, let's get started. Hmm, should it be CoV or vacation photos first? Or maybe I need to go ahead and get our conversation over with and end with a visual overload that leaves you gasping? OK, I decided. We will start with today's Clarity of Vision.

Now, we can move on to what I have been promising and teasing you with for a couple of weeks. Photos from our trip. In the old days, I would invite you over to watch slides and set up a screen to show them. Or, if I bought print film instead of slide film, I would print them (well, the ones I select) and put them in a book and then bring it out while you are sitting waiting on dinner. Today, since everything is digital, I can inflict my trip pics on you and you can scan them, pay them no mind, and move on to the blogs you look forward to reading. So, spoiler alert, photos coming.

When we first entered Yosemite National Park, it was rainy and foggy. The drive was not much fun and we skipped one of my favorite lookouts on the Tuolumne road. As we were nearing our accommodations, I saw the falls through the gloom and snapped this shot.

After we left Yosemite, we headed toward Salinas and the California coast. We had stayed at Yosemite into the afternoon, so our drive stretched into the night. On the way, I noticed what a pretty sunset it was and started looking for a windmill for a silhouette. When I saw this, I made the driver (Preacher Bro at that point) turn around so I could catch this shot. It was worth the diversion, I think.

Later in the trip, we were in Cambria to tour the Hearst Castle. We stayed across the street from the coast and took this shot of us near the coast.

Spoiler alert. This next link is a news item I saw yesterday. Why am I sharing it? It is unbelievable. There is a camera called Lytro allows you to refocus a photo after the fact, so you can load it onto your laptop and then choose a focus. You do not need to try and focus when you take a picture. Weird? Totally. Cool. Completely. Check it out. Go play with the resulting picture here.

I think we are keeping the GRANDS again this Friday night. Whoo hoo times two. We will attend a local high school's production of.... Well, I don't remember, but Kathie thought the girls would really like it. Then, on Saturday, we will all meet to .... No, I don't remember that, either. It'll be fun, though.

Well, I've monopolized your time for too long. Let's adjourn for a day or so and maybe I can remember those things mentioned above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, this is really cool! but, too late as i already purchased a camera this summer along with a touchscreen computer (gateway) hmmmm sounds like a diagnosis of memory loss? or just maybe the word comes to mind of: "old" did i mention the word older? [chow,---denise