Monday, October 17, 2011

The Work-a-Day World Returns

After a week off work, and over 1800 miles, we are back at work today. We went through Death Valley to Yosemite, over to Salinas, down the coast to Hearst Castle, stopped by to see a niece and family, and back. We were waking up to temps as low as 25F, with highs in the 70s-80s. Today, back in PHX, we should reach 99-100. And I woke up to commute to work instead of walking the coast watching sea lions frolic. Sigh.

In case anyone is counting, Preacher Bro and I each took around 777 photos during our week. Yeah, pretty typical for our vacations. Each night, when we returned to the hotel, we would each display a slideshow of the day's events.

Here is a Yosemite-inspired CoV.

I rented a wide-angle lens for the locations I knew we were going to visit. That was fun, but I must return it today. Sigh #2.

No, I am not sure what today has in store yet. I glanced at my calendar once during the trip, but have not really reviewed it or email for what all is queued up. I wanted to postpone this reality as long as possible. However, I sense it knocking on my door.

Because I checked work email, I had deleted a large number of messages during the trip. So today, when I opened my work email, I only had 116 message to download. Not bad, right?

Well, I don't want to bore you on my first day back, so let's quit now. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitresses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Name Crazy Uncle!