Thursday, June 09, 2011

Who's A Scrum Master?

I guess I will be after classes today and tomorrow. It sounds as if a Scrum Master is a Project Manager for Agile projects. Agile is a methodology where you build a releasable product in less than two weeks. If the customer is looking for a lot more, you string together a number of two week "sprints" to ultimately provide the final deliverable. I guess I will know more when the class starts at 9am today.

One good thing. I only have one meeting today and one tomorrow. Sure, each one is 9 hours long....

Since it does not start until 9am, I decided to come in and get some stuff done before class. One of those things is a Clarity of Vision. I dipped into my idea log and fished out today's topic.

Sometimes, doesn't it seem like "when it rains, it pours?" My little 97 Altima is in the shop again. It feels like the transmission is slipping when I put the car in reverse. Yes, I suppose I could try to never park the car in a place where I have to back up, but I want to make sure I don't totally break down somewhere. It was just last week that I spent $2K to get an air flow sensor and a couple of other things replaced. I hope I don't end up spending enough that it would have been cheaper to replace the car.

Well, I need to fill out some annual Professional Development Plan material before class, so I will politely ask you to show yourselves out. The last one out should lock the door, OK?

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

A guy that helped out with the youth at my church growing up had a car that couldn't reverse! He always had to find parking spots that he could pull through. Don't you hate playing the car lottery??