Wednesday, June 08, 2011

An Answer To Prayer

Before I move into today's praise, let's get the lighter stuff out of the way. I hesitate to say funnier stuff since many of you may not consider ti such. Anyway, let's look at the Clarity of Vision cartoon.

OK. Hey, I don't think that I mentioned that Kyle is staying in the same job, did I? After all the negotiations, and much prayer, Kyle was convinced to stay where he was. The president of his company came and spent over an hour with Kyle, discussing how important Kyle is to the company and he promised to review Kyle's package and see if they could work something out. As you can tell, they did and Kyle is excited.

Why do we wait until we lose something or almost lose it before we say anything? This seems true both personally and professionally. Find someone today and tell them how important they are to you. Praise those around you freely. And of course, you can go to God in prayer about anything in your life. Give Him you concerns, give Him your praise, give Him some time each day.

On the other hand, how easy is it for us not to see the good in those things around us? Things with which we may have become accustomed. Look for blessings around you. Look for anything for which you can be thankful and Praise The Lord.

The director of the East Valley Chorale told a story about our concert this past Sunday and why we have this ministry. A man in a wheelchair had looked as if he was bored or asleep throughout the concert. Bruce had written him off as someone to whom we were being a blessing. Afterward, the man came over and talked to Bruce. He said he was Jewish, but had not really been practicing for many years. He married a Protestant woman and together, they drifted away from any church. He said, "You really got to me today. I am going home now to write a letter to my son, with whom I have not spoken for over 8 years. I want to tell him that I forgive him." Yes, that is why I am in this group.

Listen, I may not be posting for the next two days as I am offsite in training. Do you think you'll be OK without this blog? Sure. You'll do fine. I do expect to be back on Monday. Still, maybe you should check each day. You never know what I will do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i too heard the devotional story of this man in the wheelchair; amazing of how many times we as christians look the other way when it comes to a handicap person? i have spent a lifetime paying attention to handicap people due to my brothers being mentally retarded and of course with pats health issues/blindess. to know what this "handicap" person has experienced life "thru" Jesus is always amazing of them teaching us something?