Monday, June 20, 2011

Daddy's Day's Done

How was your Father's Day? After church, we met Dad and the family for Chinese food. Unfortunately, Dad had not made reservations, so we waited. And waited. The owner was apologetic, but she had to work through all the customers and honor the existing reservations. We have been going there for over 20 years, so the owner fit us in as quickly as she could. We did get to hear her rags-to-riches story, so that was fun. The food, as always, was delish. And we had a good family visit. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

KLIK got back from a wedding in Denver. So, Molly ended her visit with us last night. She is really settling down and feeling comfortable with us. Well, she is a little scared of Ali after Ali got mad at her for having an accident (well, a couple) on the couch. She does bark a bit, but I think that is only when egged on by our dog, who barks a lot.

No, that is all the story. I am not trying to conceal anything. Speaking of conceal...

Let's see. Three meetings today scheduled to last five hours. Gross, right?

I ended up not doing any studying for my CAPM cert this weekend. It was Father's Day weekend. I deserve to take some time off. I did not take time off from car problems, though. Luckily, it wasn't my car this time. The Jeep needed tires before vacation. There were no treads at all on the front tires.

Mom and Dad are back from the family reunion. They had a great time and everyone went crazy over a Walker family history genealogy book that Carey has been building. I'll have to check it out next time I go over to the folks'.

I think I want to knock out a couple of things before the day begins. If you guys can step out of the ring while I put on my gloves....

No comments: