Friday, June 03, 2011

Can You Tell I am Running Late?

Yup. I did have the alarm set, but drifted back to sleep for an extra 30 minutes. So, I am running a little later than normal. In fact, there was already a person in the office before me, and another just came in. Usually, I have that 30 minutes alone before anyone else shows up.

Luckily, I had already created today's Clarity of Vision before I left yesterday afternoon. So, I made up some of my time already. Maybe you are reading it earlier than normal, too, which would mean I've made up the entire half hour? Well, go ahead and check out the CoV, even if it is not earlier than usual.

It's almost Harry Potter weekend. We are attending a joint birthday party for my wife and my son and we are supposed to dress in the colors of our favorite Hogwart's house. I will be Huffenpuff (something like that) because I have stuff that is yellow and black. Happy birthday to both of you.

I had car trouble the other day and got it fixed yesterday. Well, almost fixed. They called and said come pick it up. When they test drove it, though, they found that the air flow sensor they replaced was cracked, so I did not get the car yet. Repairs cost me $2000, so I hope I made the right decision to fix my old car. I think that, if it last over one year, it was a good choice. I don't mind the old girl. She's a good car. It's a '97 that I bought in 2000 when we came back from Mexico. She's got arthritis in her odometer somewhere, and her joints are cracking a bit when she goes over bumps, but she still carries me places and her A/C is fine. No CD player, but I am more of a talk radio dude during my commutes anyway. Does she have a name? No, I never got around to that.

Only one two-hour meeting today, so I can work on the vision statement for the team in the new org structure. And a couple of metrics that I need to finish. I'm ready for today. Are you? See you next week.

No comments: