Monday, June 06, 2011

Turn Out The Lights. The Party's Over

Oh yes, we did have a Harry Potter-themed party this weekend. It was for Kathie's and Kyle's birthdays. We had lots of delicious Lyndsay food, people dressed in the color combinations representing one of the houses in the story, and ended with cupcakes and cookies covered with Harry Potter fondant items that Lyndsay made. We did find time to play some games, but I did not bring any of mine. We played Monopoly Deal (I did not win any), Pass the Popcorn (I lost horribly or even worse), and Smart A$$ (I did win some of these). We had a great time.

Speaking of Potter, let's see if I had any inspiration for today's Clarity of Vision. Nope, I guess I didn't.

Today is one of my usual heavier load days. I have four meetings taking up four hours of my day. Tomorrow is only two meetings taking up 1-1/2 hours. One of today's meetings is the CAPM study group, and I did not really study the material like I should have. Maybe I can take a little time this morning to prepare?

We attended a new member's class last night at church. We are joining a Baptist church, but it is part of the Baptist General Conference and not related at all to Southern Baptists. Mostly, though, it seems like we are just putting a dress on a pig. They still are based in the same beliefs we are comfortable with, so we said we wanted to join. The pastor said he can ask for our letter from our current church, even though they do not commonly request transfers of letters. I just thought it would include the dates of kid's baptisms, etc.

I cannot think of anything else that would hold your interest. In fact, you may have quit reading this earlier in the post, or maybe even last month. No, I guess not or you wouldn't know that I even wrote that. Anyway, I will stop before I start rambling. Oh, too late. Let's take this up tomorrow when we have more time.

No comments: