Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Day With No Party is like...every other day

Wow. After the excitement of my early Father's Day celebration on Sunday, yesterday was anti-climactic. Just a regular work day. How humdrum.

I did decide to write another work-related Agile-related Clarity of Vision. However, I think even you non-techy types will find something it it to enjoy. Some fun memories that will make you smile.That wasn't too bad, was it? Plus, it is now out of the way for another 24 hours or so.

Just one meeting today. However, as details on our upcoming reorg start to be announced, I need to do some data gathering for my boss. Still, I would much rather have stuff to do than to be searching for work. That is especially true right now as jobs are being reevaluated and realigned.

What's that you say? When is my summer vacation coming up? Am I going back to Ouray, CO? Why, yes, I am. We'll be there just before July 4. I'll let you know, but do not look for any blog updates or new CoVs. That is really a useless announcement, however, because most of my readers will be with me. So, you'll have to deal with me all the time, 24x7, face to face. You'll be looking forward to me getting back to my blog just so that you'll get a break.

We've got an East Valley Chorale concert tonight instead of practice. So, I will be gong home and putting on shirt and tie instead of jeans and tennies. Then, next week, I've got to direct for half the practice. Yes, when our director is out, he splits the conducting duties between two of us. He assigns me the technical directing so I can clean up rhythms and sightreading stuff. He assigns the other dude the songs we know well and just need to sing through and maybe focus on pronunciation or dynamics.

Nobody is here yet, but I still need to get some stuff knocked out, maybe before my 8:30am conference call. You were looking a little tired anyway, so I'll let you go get your first cup of coffee. Thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm sounds like a busy day today! as for me....well have another list of things to do as usual; will have to squeeze lunch in their somewhere. you missed out on eating the pie calories? i myself just ate some fruit: pineapple, melon, grapes and some tea. i am still waiting to hear if our "new" pianist is saved yet? no one has asked this question? its more important to bruce that someone has a degree....yet an even more important manor is her eternity? yes i have to admit i listen quite close to her playing and....if were me up there he would of stopped me EVERY time to assure that i had the wrong note or slipping of timing...she is always introduced as having a "doctorate" which i understand how proud he must be that he finally has someone who is as barb's level...but now i dont feel so beneath the level after hearing some of the same areas i might of messed up to. and no, i dont have an attitude problem if you are thinking that....just think God is more interested in the ministry part instead of the performing/certified part of music. see you later, gator! (patch