Friday, October 01, 2010

Girl's Night

Yup. It'll be a girl's night when the granddaughters spend Saturday night with us. Well, I'll be there, too. Still, at three to one, they outnumber me. It should be fun.

Have y'all every used craigslist.com for anything? I know Kyle has, but we have not. Anyway, it seems one of the guys from CoV tried to use it.
You are not going to believe how many meetings I have scheduled today. None. That's right. Now I did say scheduled since it is always possible that I get pulled into at least one, but for now, I can actually do some work.

We are starting a cool down here in the Valley of the Sun. Only 105F today. And below 100F by Monday. At last, we enter the time of year when I think the first settlers decided to stay in the area. Surely, they did not come in July and think, "Wow. I like these scorching temperatures. I think I'll live here." And yes, I did call you Shirley.

Which makes me think of the movie Airplane. I need to watch that again. But not this weekend. I will be watching Ni Hao Kai Lan and Mickey Mouse and Spongebob Squarepants. And then the girls will come over. Ha ha. I crack myself up.

I checked in with Dad yesterday afternoon and he is at home and feeling pretty good. That is great news, isn't it? I mean, sure, most of us feel pretty good when we get to go home. Then again, most of us did not have a heart attack earlier in the week.

I recently picked up a 2TB external hard disk and have been copying files from my other multiple external drives. Once I get everything cleaned up, I am hoping I can find a way to get back to working on photos. Remember that I am working on my old 533MHz box and do not have the install disks for iPhoto, so I am stuck with iPhoto 2 (I think we are on 10 now). This version will not read my more recent iPhoto library, so I am thinking to load all my originals into a folder and try to work on them from there. We will see. Maybe then, I can also post a few here.

On Fall Break, I plan to catch some shots at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That sounds fun. I have never been there before. Have you?

Speaking of pictures, can you picture me working? You had better because I am starting now. Have a great weekend. Picture yourself returning here for more time wasting and camaraderie on Monday (good word, right? No, not Monday. Camaraderie).

5 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

I've been to the North Rim. Around Memorial Day. It snowed a little

Keith said...

Is the North Rim the only thing on Craig's list?

Zachary said...

I liked that CoV, Have fun with Kai Lan or whatever it's called, that show bugs me!

Brenda Walker said...

Have you considered using Lightroom for your photos for editing and storage? I love it so much more than iphoto

Lindsay Ward said...

I thought that COV was extra clever b/c when I read the second panel I had to adjust my thoughts when the green guy said Techie. I automatically thought of a waiter.