Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, the rain itself is good. We need it a lot. It does make traveling between buildings a little yucky, and it forced me to dig for an umbrella, and it broke off 1/3 of our lemon tree. So, if it could just rain when I am not inconvenienced and with not too much wind, and clear out before rush hour, that would be perfect.

Implementing a new application rarely goes perfect, either. As I mentioned yesterday, we are getting a new HR system based on Peoplesoft. So, what is the worst that could happen when we bring up a powerful application?
Well, maybe that is not the worst that could happen, but who knows?

It does not look good for Chuck on TV. It is consistently the lowest rated Friday show. Too bad. I like it.

We got a flu shot last week. With Kathie teaching first grade, and me being a life-long cold catcher, it just makes sense. Did you get one? You should. Isn't $25 a good investment to not be sick with the flu? Anyway, I started this paragraph because I am sneezing and have a little sore throat. Unfortunately, while I should not get the flu, I can still get a cold.

Only three meetings today. I should be able to catch up on my To Do list. I do have to travel between buildings, so I may get a little wet.

Well, enough treading water. I need to start swimming. Y'all need to either stay in the kiddie pool or start swimming yourselves. We will meet again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

It is beautiful weather in the Big D. Sunny with a high of 78! But I feel your pain...we get our fair share of storms in TX. We get free flu shots at our office on the 18th so I plan on getting mine then. E&Y wants to make sure no one misses work for something silly like the flu :)

Zachary said...

I got to have a flu shot in more of a cattle style environment, but hey, it didn't cost me anything. We have rain here today and we are loving it!

Katherine Josh said...

Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

You can access info online @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
ninjiom.50webs.com