Friday, October 29, 2010

Frightening Friday

I titled today's post referring to the fact that Sunday is Halloween. As I am writing this, though, I just got an email from my boss' boss that my boss was in a car accident last night. He is apparently OK, but is staying home to go to the doctor today.

KLIK is coming over for dinner tonight and to deliver some cupcakes. Mmm. Cupcakes. No, I do not know which flavor(s). Why? Grown particular? Speaking of movie quotes, today's CoV continues that theme.

I need to remember to take home my laptop so we can get online this weekend. I also need to continue working on my photo book. I am not sure about that last part since I don't think I can install any software on it. I still may have to borrow back Dad's machine.

Speaking of Dad, here is a picture of us (well, except me because I ran ahead to snap this shot) walking through the woods during our recent trip.

I think we have nothing planned for Halloween night. That means we will stay home, turn off the porch light, and not answer the door for a few hours. I am tempted to say we are doing it to protest a pagan holiday, or so we will not contribute to dentist visits for the neighborhood kids. However, we just did not want to buy candy and just in case any of Kathie's students come around. Sure, we did it for all the years our kids lived at home. I have been a California raisin, a Chippendale dancer, Waldo, and other fun stuff.

It's Friday. That makes almost anything today bearable. How about you? Does Friday seem easier knowing the weekend is just a few hours ahead? I think I will start celebrating now. You can come with me or stick around, but I won't be back today. See you next week.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Great shot, especially when viewed at full size.

Zachary said...

I second that!