Monday, October 04, 2010

Charged Up

No, I am not especially charged up. It is early on a Monday and that is rarely fun. However, my new car battery is charged up. I went to start my car last night and... nothing. When I pulled the battery, I found that it was leaking acid. So, I picked up a new one, poured in some baking soda to neutralize the acid, and was ready to go today.

We had a good time with the girls Saturday night. It sprinkled a bit in our neighborhood and the girls wanted to go out and run in the rain. Fine with us. Next came bath time. Then we settled in to watch a Veggie Tales video and they fell asleep by 9pm. They both slept all night. That meant that we did, too.

What do you think of when you are told that a website will do it all? Well, that is what is being touted for the new HR website at work. Of course, when I ask an open ended question like that, you know I am usually leading up to that day's Clarity of Vision. This is no exception.
Only 3 meetings scheduled for today. Whoo hoo.

Did I tell y'all that my replacement computer died? Yup. Remember that my iMac G5 died a few months ago. Now, the old G4 I was using bit the dust. Actually, it chewed up the dust and spit it out. The power supply flashed and the room smelled like electrical fire. So, I hurried over and unplugged everything. So now, I borrowed Dad's Mac laptop and am working to kill it.

We are getting behind on TV watching. Too many CSIs and comedies, I guess. We need to rank our shows and choose which ones we can miss. If we can wait another couple of weeks, maybe more will be cancelled and the networks can help us decide which we record. Lone Star is gone, Outlaw looks to be short-lived. Chuck is in trouble. I thought Undercovers looked clever, but had no room to record it. Now, it may not matter. Community is down. CSI:NY is down. The Good Guys is in serious trouble. Oh well.

I do not want my ratings at work to go down, so I am going to do a little work. Put away the remote control when you leave. Thanks.

No comments: