Friday, October 22, 2010

Long Week After Vacation

Isn't the first week back after vacation longer than a normal week? It seems so for me. I thought Friday would never get here. It did, though, and I survived. So, a normal weekend to reset my workweek expectations and next week should be a regular one. I am, however, ready for Thanksgiving break.

This morning, I was thinking about letting Clarity of Vision end. I have not thought of new ideas since before vacation and have been using ideas from my backlog. Finally, I came up with an idea for a series based on movie characters being a Project Manager. Here is the first installment.
That is only one week's worth of cartoons. I either need to get really creative or it could be time to end CoV (at least as far as a cartoon each work day).

Speaking of movies, Craig mentioned a Blazing Saddles Quote-along. I think I would do better at an Airplane Quote-along. What could you quote?

How about a photo from Capitol Reef National Park in Utah?
I liked the look of the single struggling tree against the permanence of the rock cliffs. And speaking of rock cliffs, here is one called The Castle.

Speaking of photos, Craig mentioned Glen Canyon Dam. No, we did not go there since it was a little out of the way to the north from our itinerary and we had no time to waste. Places to go, people to see. You know how it is.

People have already come by and bothered me this morning. What is up with that? Don't they know I have a responsibility to my faithful blog followers to get this out there early in the day so you can get your fill and then move on with your lives? Are you full yet? I hope so, because the verbiage well has run dry. Let it replenish over the weekend and we will meet again Monday.

2 comments:

Keith said...

A Jeremiah Johnson quote-along?

And, by the way, your "single struggling tree against the permanence of the rock cliffs" is either great writing, the sign of a true artist, a powerful sermon illustration or plagiarism.

Good job on the picture, too!

Zachary said...

Those are some very nice pictures. I would love to visit there.