Monday, July 12, 2010

The Reviews Are In

We had our annual game night that we hold about every two weeks this past weekend. I finally got the group to play Dominion with me. Let me share some of the exciting comments made. "I cannot believe how much fun this is," said Mom-cum-baker Lyndsay Walker. "This makes the guns in Bang! seem like cap guns," said professional skeptic Kyle Walker. Yes, it is that much fun. Get your own copy soon.

Wait. As I review my notes, I may have misquoted the two statements above. They were more like "If this lasts much longer, I'm going to have to become a drinker" and "Please use the rest of these cards so this game will end" and "OK, we played your stupid game. Now can we play something fun?" We also played Ticket to Ride card game, Set card game, and ended the night with Five Crowns card game (The game isn't over until the Kings go wild).

Let's not go down that path to negativity. Here's today's CoV.
That was better, right?

I am excited to be moving to a different building because availability of parking and proximity to home are better. I am not excited because I will be separated from the game crew and will not learn about new games, and there is some covered parking here at the current site. It's always something, isn't it?

I need to get over to Tempe Camera this week and make a decision about renting a lens for the Grand Canyon. I have decided I want some type of wide angle. If the price looks right, I will pick one up. I am willing to go up to $50 for the week. If not, I will build my own wide angle shots using the panorama feature of Photoshop. Well, as soon as I get a machine that can run Photoshop.

We are still getting used to the new washer. Stuff still comes out very wrinkled after the spin cycle. We are experimenting with speeds and cycles. And it is discomforting to see how low the water levels are. Stay tuned on this one.

Whew! It could be an uncomfortable week. It was 90F and 42% humidity when I left for work at 5:50AM. The high today is only 107F. We should reach 113F by Thursday.

It sounds noisy behind me, which means work beckons. I need to act like I am doing some of my own. Thanks for slogging through this post.

No comments: