Friday, July 09, 2010

A Hot and Muggy Friday

We have reached the annual monsoon season here in the Valley of the Sun. It is looking like rain over the weekend. OK, sure, we only get 7" or so of rain a year, but it all seems to come in 7 or so storms. So, today, even though we should still be above 110F, we are moving up towards 50%+ humidity. Luckily, we have both a pool and A/C. So, here in PHX, we count the days until winter arrives so we can get back down to the 70s.

Didn't I mention that we recently moved to a new building? Guess what? It is time to move again. Apparently, we are scheduled to move to a different building next Friday. It is a bit closer to home, but I will be leaving the game crew behind. That is how I have found all my recent acquisitions. No, I am not looking for the dark cloud behind the silver lining, but that is a shame.

Speaking of shame, here is today's cartoon, and it is nothing to be ashamed of.
Well, I thought it was funny, and that's what matters.

I think we have something planned over the weekend, but I don't know what. Well, I know that the East Valley Chorale is singing at the AZ Veteran's Home on Sunday. I know that high efficiency washing machines are weird things. It has some kind of pulsing impeller instead of the older back-and-forth type. I know that LeBron is heading to Miami and the Cleveland papers are calling him LeBum.

I have not had a chance to P90X much this week. We were out a couple of nights, and hit the pool on the others. Maybe we'll get back on it this weekend. Lyndsay has apparently been pretty consistent, so congrats to her.

I just remembered we may be having a game night over at KLIKs. Maybe I should borrow Dominion one more time in hopes they will play it with me. I hope Alison comes with us. One, the girls like it when she comes, and two, she played it last weekend and can help me get everyone else going.

I'm feeling a bit worky, so I'll free those impulses and leave the rest of you chilling in the pool. Have a great weekend and come back soon.

No comments: