Friday, July 23, 2010

Hot and Cool

It is still plenty hot here, even with the cool down to 102F today. And the pool isn't any better. I will get the aerator going this weekend, whatever it takes. That should help cool the pool, which is probably 95F or higher. Our neighbor said his is 98F.

Also cool is the fridge we bought from a neighbor for $200. We have had ours for around 30 years, and the freezer is not as efficient as it once was. So, this refrigerator looked in good shape, so we bought it. Alison and I went to pick it up last night, but no one was home. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

We hope this fridge is cool. It looks cool. Speaking of misinterpretations, here is the way I listen to platitudinous proclamations at work.
I have heard that the girls are spending tonight with us. I don't know if we can stand to be in the pool or not, but they will probably want to swim. I am not sure what else we will plan.

Both Kathie and Ali are getting ready for school to start. Yesterday, they worked in Ali's room in Casa Grande. I think today, they will work in Kathie's room. Soon, school zones will be turned back on for our morning commutes. The speed limit for school zones here in AZ is 15MPH. Wow, that is slow (but I understand why).

I have not figured out how to get the trip photos moved from the Mac side of my machine to the Windows side yet. I loaded a copy of them in a folder that said it was shared, but the Windows side still cannot see it. I need to find someone who will let me have admin permissions on my laptop. Then, I can regale you with impressive images and pretty pictures.

I will start my weekend later today, but I will start my weekend break from this blog right now. Have a good one and check back in on Monday.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I'm impressed you and Alison could pick up the fridge! No school zones on my commute unless I take a wrong turn :)

Brenda Walker said...

our school zone is 25mph. Maybe kids in Ca walk faster. How was the lens? Anxious to see your pictures