Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Post-Holiday Already-Behind-Itis

How can stuff that I need to get done at work pile up when nobody else is working either? I already feel behind. However, it is not so bad that I would want to give up holidays.

I borrowed Dominion from the crew at work to play over the holidays. Nobody wanted to play on Saturday, although we did play some other games, including Highrise. I finally got Dad and Mom and Alison to play it with me yesterday. Ali won. I started off trying to explain it and finally, we just started playing and they learned as they played. It is the same thing we had to do with Bang! Then, when I got to work today, I found that I only brought back one of the two boxes (I actually borrowed an expansion game, too, in case more than four wanted to play.) Uh oh. I hope they will play something else during lunch.

P90X is a crazy intense workout program on DVD. We kind of took a break over the holidays, but have to get back on it starting today. So, look at the name of this program one letter at a time. That is what I did for today's CoV.
We watched the fireworks at Schnepf Farms on Sunday night. They were good, although are a bit less impressive when you compare them to Disneyland, which our group tends to do since they are there so often.

I have decided I would rather rent a wide-angle lens for the Grand Canyon trip than a 300mm telephoto.I will then (assuming I remember) compare the photos to at least one panorama from stitched together regular photos. I also hope to convince myself to get up at sunrise (around 5:25am) for some dramatic canyon shots. Sunset is 7:45pm, so I will almost certainly be up for that, too. The rental will be around $36-$45 for the week (at Tempe Camera). Hey, maybe I should rent a Nikon D3 body, too? Just $600 for the week.

Speaking of spending money, the washer finally died. We know we had it before Mexico, so it is over 10 years old. We bought a new GE from Lowes. It will be delivered tomorrow. So, tonight, I need to get the wet clothes and dirty water out of the old one. Yes, it died during a wash...doing what it loved best. I am sure that I how it would have wanted to go.

Hey, thanks for dropping by. I am going to mosey into the workplace now. Y'all can hang around here or go see what other blogs have been updated since you last came by. I will almost certainly have something different to say tomorrow.

No comments: