Friday, July 16, 2010

A Five Day Weekend

Whoo Hoo! It's my Friday. OK, it is your Friday, too. However, since I am heading up to the canyon on Sunday, I won't be at work again until Thursday.

KLIK came over last night for our annual swim party that we hold each Thursday. The aerator on our pool is broken, so it is way too warm in the pool. We did not swim long.

Speaking of things being broken, that is the topic of today's CoV.
Half of the people in our area of the building are working from home today since their stuff is being moved to another building. So, I am the only one up here. New people are also being moved in, so when I get back next week, the floor will be repopulated. That also means there was plenty of covered parking today. I will probably lose my spot, though, since I am going to lunch with my new boss.

My new MacPro was acting kinda flaky yesterday afternoon. It does sit on my desktop, and with the warm room, maybe it just got too hot. I have it elevated on a Kleenex box today to see if that helps. Hopefully, the person whose box I stole won't notice. Ha ha. Oh come on, I was kidding. It's my box.

I have one of those desk calendars with 365 funny things and today's is cute. Richard Dawson on Family Feud: Name something that can kill a lively party. Contestant: A gun. Oh, come on. That's funny.

Since we are on a Time-Of-Day plan with our electric company, the cost per KWH is high until 8pm, then lower than normal. So, I find we need to eat out more at night because the house is so warm. Still, I think it is cheaper than higher electric bills. Well, I hope that is true. And right now, we run the pool pump the majority of the night, so that is one reason we chose this plan.

Time to mosey over to the reports for the day. Thanks for spending some time here. See you Thursday or so.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

No fair! I want a five day weekend.

Zachary said...

Me too!

CrazyUncle said...

Let me tell you. It is certainly preferable to a one year weekend. And the pay is better, too.